Social Neuroscience and Health Laboratory
Peter Hall, Ph.D., C.Psych
Current Graduate Students:
Current Undergraduate Students:
Our studies examine the interplay between brain and behavior from a public health perspective. As such, many of our studies concern behavioral tendencies in the general population that have health consequences. However we also study behavioral and emotional adaptation to chronic illness conditions including diabetes and obesity.
If you are interested in participating in future diabetes-related research, please Click Here.
- Hall, P.A., Crossley, M., & D’Arcy, C. (2010). Executive function and survival in the context of chronic illness. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 39, 119-127.
- Hall, P.A., Marshall, J., Tkachuk, G. & Mercado, A. (2010). Changes in coping style and treatment outcome following motor vehicle accident. Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Hall, P.A., & Fong, G.T. (2010). Temporal Self-regulation Theory: Looking forward. Health Psychology Review, 4, 83-92.
- Hall, P.A., Dubin, J., Crossley, M., Holmqvist, M. & D’Arcy, C. (2009). Does executive function explain the IQ-mortality association? Evidence from the Canadian Study on Health and Aging. Psychosomatic Medicine, 71, 196-204.
- Sherry, S.B., & Hall, P.A. (2009). The perfectionism model of binge eating: Tests of an integrative model. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 96, 690-709.
- Hall, P.A., Rodin, G., Vallis, M., & Perkins, B. (2009). The consequences of anxious temperament for disease detection and quality of life in Type 2 diabetes. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 67, 297-305.
- Hall, P.A., Coons, M.J., & Vallis, T.M. (2008). Does anxious temperament facilitate disease detection? The case of Type 2 diabetes. Psychosomatic Medicine, 70, 837-843.
- Hall, P.A., Elias, L.J., Fong, G.T., Harrison, A., Borowski, R., & Sarty, G. (2008). A social neuroscience perspective on physical activity. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 30, 432-449.
- Jones, H., Hall, P.A., Simon, B., Mitchell, B. (2008). Psychological aspects of diabetes. Canadian Journal of Diabetes.
- Hall, P.A., Fong, G.T., Epp, L.J., & Elias, L. (2008). Executive function moderates the intention-behavior link for physical activity and dietary behavior. Psychology & Health, 23, 309-326.
- Hall, P.A., & Fong, G.T. (2007). Temporal self-regulation theory: A model for individual health behavior. Health Psychology Review, 1, 6-52.
- Sherry, S. B., Hewitt, P. L., Flett, G. L., Lee-Baggley, D.L. & Hall, P. A. (2007). Trait perfectionism and perfectionistic self-presentation in personality pathology. Personality & Individual Differences, 42, 477-490.
- Hall, P.A., Elias, L.J., & Crossley, M. (2006). Neurocognitive influences on health behaviour in a community sample. Health Psychology, 25, 778-782.
Lab Alumni (Past Doctoral Students):
Michael Coons, Ph.D.
Department of Preventive Medicine
Simon Sherry, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Maxine Holmqvist, Ph.D.
Department of Clinical Health Psychology
University of Manitoba
Peter Hall, Ph.D., C.Psych
Department of Kinesiology
Room 1013 Burt Matthew’s Hall
University of Waterloo
Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: 519.888.4567 ext. 38180